I have no idea if someone has already done this. I tried to check but didn’t see anything. So, here it is! A book tag based on Taylor Swift’s new album, Lover! If you end up doing this tag, please tag me. I want to see your answers!
Here are questions with no answers:
- I Forgot That You Existed ↠ What’s a book you wish you forgot?
- Cruel Summer ↠ What’s your favorite book set during the summer?
- Lover ↠ What’s your favorite romance trope?
- The Man ↠ Who’s your favorite feminist character?
- The Archer ↠ Since this song discusses being imperfect, what’s an imperfect book you love?
- I Think He Knows ↠ What character do you know very well?
- Miss Americana & The Heartbreak Prince ↠ Favorite book set in high school?
- Paper Rings ↠ What bookish OTP you want to get married?
- Cornelia Street ↠ What’s a book set near or where you live?
- Death by a Thousand Cuts ↠ Who’s your favorite character who’s been through a lot?
- London Boy ↠ Listen, I can’t help it. Who’s your favorite British character?
- Soon You’ll Get Better ft. the Dixie Chicks ↠ What’s a book that’s made you incredibly sad?
- False God ↠ Since this song talks about her relationship being greater than them, name your ALL TIME favorite book?
- You Need to Calm Down ↠ What’s your favorite LGBT+ book?
- Afterglow ↠ What’s a book you think you rated too harshly the first time you read it?
- ME! ↠ What’s your favorite uplifting book?
- It’s Nice to Have a Friend ↠ What bookish character do you wish was your best friend?
- Daylight ↠ Since this song is already underrated, what’s your favorite underrated book?
And now for my answers:
Continue reading the “Lover” Book Tag
I didn’t plan on making this blog post but I thought it would be a fun one to write so here we are! I just want to state that my rankings will change SO much considering the album just came out yesterday. I may do an updated one after awhile but as of right now, here’s my rankings for the songs on this album.
Disclaimer: I LOVE all of these songs. I don’t skip anything. I just listen to some WAY more than others.
- The Man
- Soon You’ll Get Better ft. the Dixie Chicks
- Cornelia Street
- I Think He Knows
- London Boy
- Cruel Summer
- False God
- You Need to Calm Down
- Miss Americana and the Heartbreak Prince
- I Forgot That You Existed
- The Archer
- Death by a Thousand Cuts
- Paper Rings
- It’s Nice to Have a Friend
As for albums, here’s how I feel right now:
- Speak Now
What are your top five? This was SO hard, especially rating the songs. I’m sure it’s bound to change but right now, I cannot stop listening to The Man. It’s my favorite song as of right now. Also, I’M SORRY DBATC FANS. I love the song, I really do, but I love others way more right now.
To hear my thoughts elsewhere, follow me on social media: Goodreads | Instagram | Twitter
I know this post isn’t about books but I’ve been anticipating this album since she announced new music. I’ve loved every single she’s put out so far (ME!, You Need to Calm Down, the Archer, and Lover) so I had no doubt in my mind that this album was going to blow me away.
I debated staying up until midnight to listen to this album but of course, it’s released on a day that I have to work. I decided I would just go to sleep and wake up earlier than usual to hear the full album before work. I listened to it the entire time I was getting ready for work and I am so HAPPY for Taylor. This album is absolutely gorgeous. Here’s some of my favorite songs as of right now:
- Soon You’ll Get Better ft. The Dixie Chicks
- The Man
- False God
“Soon You’ll Get Better” is a beautiful song but it’s so sad. This song is about her mother who’s going through cancer again and knowing this and listening to the song makes it so much more emotional.
“The Man” is one of the reasons I wanted to write this and post it today on Feminist Friday. This is 100% a feminist BOP and it’s so true. She basically writes about how her life would be different if she were a man. Here’s some of the lyrics:
- “I’m so sick of running as fast as I can
Wondering if I’d get there quicker if I was a man
And I’m so sick of them coming at me again
‘Cause if I was a man, then I’d be the man”
- “When everyone believes ya
What’s that like?”
- “They’d say I played the field before I found someone to commit to
And that would be okay for me to do”
- “If I was out flashing my dollars
I’d be a bitch, not a baller”
Since I’m pretty sure this is her upcoming single, I can’t wait to see the music video that comes along with it. I’m so glad Taylor is speaking out about things like this. Her voice has such an impact and I can’t wait to see the rest of the Lover era. I’m praying that she announces the tour and the tickets go on sale in a month or two so I can save up before then. I’ve been a fan of Taylor since I was a little girl and here I am as an adult. Here’s to the Lover era!
If you haven’t listened to Lover yet, here’s some places where you can listen online! I have the second deluxe edition from Target. You can order these online or in store.
What’s your favorite song off this album?