Good afternoon everyone! Last night, I found myself in the deep hole of slam poetry on Youtube and decided to share with you some of my favorites. If you don’t know what slam poetry is, it’s just poetry that’s written to be performed/spoken. They are usually performed at poetry slams which are events dedicated to people performing their poetry.
- “Pocket-Sized Feminism” by Blythe Baird
- “Rigged Game” by Dylan Garity
- “Explaining My Depression to My Mother” by Sabrina Benaim
- “Somewhere in America” by Belissa Escoloedo, Zariya Allen, and Rhiannon McGavin
- “OCD” by Neil Hilborn
- “21” by Patrick Roche
- “Relapse” by Blythe Baird
- “Social Anxiety at 130 BPM” by Aaron Burstein
- “Manic Pixie Dream Girl” by Olivia Gatwood
- “When a Fat Girl Gets Skinny” by Blythe Baird
If you want my full playlist on Youtube, just click here.
Do you find yourself listening to slam poetry? I love it so much and can’t wait to hear more. If you have any good recs, let me know!