Good afternoon! I thought it would be interesting to give you all an update on my Goodreads reading challenge. It’s half way through the year (OOF. Already?) and I haven’t been reading much but hopefully it’ll pick up!
So, at the beginning of the year, I pledged to read 50 books this year. I would say that’s an average for me but recently, I’ve been reading a lot less. I have no idea why — maybe it’s just college keeping me busy. Last year, I think I read 36 books and my reading challenge was 35. That’s pretty low for me so I wanted to aim higher this year but I’m pretty far behind on the challenge.
If you’re interested in seeing my year in books for 2018, here’s a link.
Right now, I’m at 13 books out of my pledged fifty. So, I’m seven books behind and only 26% through. I’m not entirely too mad because I’ve enjoyed most of the books I’ve read this year. I don’t have a TBR set for this year either (just a little one I’m not paying attention to, really). I really want to finish fifty books this year so hopefully I can overcome this slump!
So, here’s all the books I read so far this year! I have a review for so many of these which is exciting. I’m going to list these books and my ratings below. There will also be links for all the books I read as well. All my ratings are out of five stars.
- Reign of the Fallen by Sarah Glenn Marsh ★★★★
- Song of the Dead by Sarah Glenn Marsh [REVIEW] ★★★★
- This Will Be My Undoing by Morgan Jerkins [REVIEW] ★★★★★
- Becoming by Michelle Obama [REVIEW] ★★★★★
- Saga Vol. 9 by Brian K. Vaughan and Fiona Staples [REVIEW] ★★★★★
- Again, But Better by Christine Riccio [REVIEW] ★★★★
- What Makes Girls Sick & Tired by Lucile de Pesloüan [REVIEW] ★★★
- City of Ghosts by Victoria Schwab ★★★★
- Daisy Jones & The Six by Taylor Jenkins Reid [REVIEW] ★★★★ 1/2
- Where I End & You Begin by Preston North [review coming] ★★★★
- The Great Alone by Kristin Hannah [REVIEW] ★★★★ 1/2
- Muse of Nightmares by Laini Taylor ★★★★ 1/2
- Vicious by V.E. Schwab ★★★★★